Assistant Regional Controller
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
We are reinventing global trade.
- Assist in overseeing the financial operations and controllership functions for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region within the freight forwarding company.
- Ensure compliance with APAC accounting standards and regulatory requirements, contributing to the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Collaborate with the regional accounting teams to facilitate the timely and accurate recording of financial transactions.
- Support the preparation of comprehensive financial reports and analysis for the APAC region, aiding in strategic decision-making.
- Assist in managing the budgeting and forecasting processes, providing valuable insights into financial performance and variances.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of robust internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Work closely with local accounting teams to ensure adherence to regional tax regulations and coordinate with external auditors during audits.
- Participate in the optimization of cash management and treasury activities across the APAC region.
- Enhance business and financial processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency improvements and contributing to process optimization.
- Utilize treasury knowledge to optimize cash management and support liquidity requirements across the APAC region
- Assist in maintaining relationships with regional financial institutions and supporting banking requirements.
- Contribute to special projects and initiatives to enhance financial processes and efficiency within the APAC region.
You should have:
- Solid experience in a financial leadership role, preferably within the freight forwarding or logistics industry.
- At least 10-12 years work experience gained from Freight forwarding/logistic industry with regional exposure.
- Fluency in English and Putonghua.
- In-depth knowledge of APAC accounting standards, regulatory compliance, and financial reporting requirements.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and present financial data to support decision-making.
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach, working effectively with diverse teams across multiple locations.
- Familiarity with intercompany transactions and complexities within the logistics industry.
- Proficient in using accounting software and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with cross-functional teams and contribute to the overall financial strategy.
- Understanding of regional tax laws and compliance obligations.
- Treasury knowledge to support cash management and liquidity requirements.
- Multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or relevant certifications preferred.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.