Manager, Security Detection and Response
Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, New York City, U.S. Remote
Manager, Security Detection and Response
Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for a Manager, Security Detection and Response to lead and grow our Detection and Response team. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of the team, which monitors and analyzes security-relevant telemetry, identifies and responds to cyber threats, and continuously improves upon security measures to protect Flexport's digital assets. The Manager, Security Detection and Response also leads security incident response efforts and coordinates with other teams to ensure the security of the organization's systems.
You will join at an exciting time where the Flexport security team is building and scaling our operations globally. You will be deeply involved in every step of the process—maturing our processes, improving security capabilities, managing the team, and recruiting excellent talent.
- Lead a global team of analysts and engineers responsible for security detection and response programs.
- Lead security incident response and develop or improve playbooks with a mindset for automation and reduction of toil.
- Collaborate with other teams and use your knowledge of the environment and risk exposure to help improve security protection, detection, and response activities.
- Build out tooling and capabilities that streamline detection and response processes with a heavy focus on automation.
- Drive the remediation of security deficiencies and ensure ongoing alignment with our compliance objectives.
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of our programs by developing and tracking key security metrics.
- Collaborate with security managers and leadership to define strategy, roadmap, and priorities for the Detection and Response team.
You should have:
- 8+ years of experience in hands-on technical security-focused roles.
- 3+ years of experience managing a diverse and distributed team of security analysts and engineers.
- Deep understanding of handling security incidents as well as exploitation tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- A big picture view of security threats, risks, and vulnerabilities and demonstrable knowledge in using that viewpoint to more effectively detect security issues.
- Deep hands-on experience and a passion for the management of security event and alert data, including, ingestion, normalization, enrichment, correlation, deduplication, reporting, and alerting.
- A strong understanding of playbook development with a mindset for automation.
- Experience in deploying and managing both commercial and open source tooling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a willingness and desire to collaborate in order to achieve the best results
- A proactive mentality that is constantly looking for ways to improve, and a sense of urgency in delivering excellent customer service.
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy.
Nice to have:
- Experience in developing insider threat programs.
- Experience with detection as code and security observability.
- Experience with NIST CSF, ISO 27001, and FedRAMP is a plus.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Management
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
- United States
More About Flexport