Director, Fulfillment Center Operations
Director, Fulfillment Center Operations
Lead people, process and systems to deliver for our customers
As a Director of Fulfillment Center Operations, you will play a key role in building the final link in the supply chain for Flexport. You will help us deliver on our mission and drive end-to-end visibility and control for our customers. You will lead a team of operations professionals to optimize productivity, set and achieve challenging objectives related to safety and customer satisfaction, and foster a positive work environment within the fulfillment center. With the opportunity to innovate and build new capabilities in this new space for Flexport, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize continuous improvement opportunities, monitor industry trends, and manage relationships with key vendors and suppliers. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced operations leader who is passionate about shaping the future of the supply chain and delivering exceptional end-to-end customer experiences.
- Manage and execute a sizeable operational budget
- Establish and accomplish challenging objectives pertaining to safety, customer satisfaction, and productivity
- Foster a positive work environment within your FC(s) by promoting staff involvement, and assist the company's sustainable expansion by empowering each leadership team member
- Collaborate with every level of the organization to eliminate inefficiencies in operations procedures utilizing Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
- Develop and execute strategies to continually improve fulfillment center performance metrics, such as order accuracy, on-time delivery, and inventory accuracy
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize continuous improvement opportunities and drive operational excellence initiatives
- Develop and manage relationships with key vendors and suppliers to ensure that the fulfillment center has the resources it needs to operate efficiently and effectively
- Monitor industry trends and best practices, and adapt fulfillment center operations accordingly to stay ahead of the competition
- Manage and mentor a team of operations professionals, providing guidance and support to ensure their success and professional growth.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, or a related field; a master's degree may be preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in operations management, with a focus on supply chain, logistics, or fulfillment
- Experience managing large operational budgets
- Demonstrated success in setting and achieving challenging goals related to safety, customer experience, and productivity
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies and experience using them to drive process improvements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and make data-driven decisions
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems, transportation management systems, and other supply chain technology tools.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Management
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
- United States
More About Flexport