Account Manager, Vietnam
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
About the job
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and expanding our commercial footprint in Vietnam. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire an Enterprise Account Manager to expand our business in Vietnam. As a founding member of our commercial team, you will be responsible for establishing and leading the client management programs that will make Flexport the #1 Global Trade Platform in Vietnam. Reporting to the Country Manager, you’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business in one of Flexport’s largest markets.
- Manage a book of business where you and your team will own the long-term client relationship and strategy. Grow the client’s business by identifying and implementing new global trade solutions to drive the client’s business forward while ensuring Flexport meets its business objectives.
- Perform core account management activities to ensure excellent client outcomes, such as defining and refining the customer’s success criteria, responding to customer escalations, maintaining an accurate client forecast, and reporting on customer financial health.
- Leverage on your advanced knowledge of the client’s business goals, the industry, and Flexport’s services and solutions to proactively close and deliver new solutions that empower the client and deepen the client relationship.
- Represent Flexport Vietnam towards global clients, support sales efforts, RFPs, bids, and business implementations where required.
- Ensure high product adoption by teaching the Flexport platform to help your clients get the most out of their Flexport experience.
- Be the Voice of the Customer by advocating towards internal stakeholders. Work cross-functionally across Global Operations, Procurement, Ocean / Air trades, Implementation, Industry SMEs, and Trade and Financial Services teams – to develop and execute on the client strategy that maximizes the outcomes and achieves win-win solutions for clients and Flexport.
- Be a founding member of Flexport Vietnam, one of the most exciting growth areas within one of the most exciting growth companies in Global Trade!
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience in client facing roles with an emphasis on client retention and growth.
- Extensive experience in the international Freight Forwarding market in Vietnam. Direct knowledge of Transpacific, Asia to Europe, and Intra Asia trade lanes expected.
- Ability to handle a broad range of responsibilities on your own and learn and adapt quickly in a hyper growth company.
- Strong with numbers and reporting (financial and volume forecasting, etc)
- Highly effective communicator with good people skills - able to build trust and work well with both local and international stakeholders.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment with fast pace of change and growth.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, supply chain, or related field.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
- Excellent Vietnamese and English language skills required (Other languages such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc a bonus)
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT & Security
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
More About Flexport