Sr. People Business Partner
We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, Reuters, and the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. We’re seeking a Sr. PBP (People Business Partner) to contribute their experience and passion for all things talent and people in a complex and global business. This individual will power a High Velocity Culture and Career Defining Experiences. This role will report into the Director, People Business Partner and will be part of the broader PBP team.
The Sr. PBP serves as a liaison between central People teams, People leadership, and the business line to assess organizational needs across talent management, performance management, compensation, career development, and manager capability. The successful leader will dig deep to understand the business, earn trust across key stakeholders and partners, prioritize in a fast-paced environment, and drive people mechanisms with both accuracy and efficiency. This individual will need to demonstrate flexible and effective communication skills, both high-level strategic thinking and operational planning ability, empathy, and inclusion.
- Partner with leadership to develop and implement People plans and solutions to achieve business objectives and deliver results for our customers
- Lead organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and job role initiatives
- Review and analyze data for trends, dig into the numbers and partner with the business to derive action plans around performance, retention, and employee engagement
- Coach leaders through employee, leadership, management, and other situations
- Partner with the global People community to support global workforce
- Help our business simplify to scale and move faster
- Take different perspectives and business needs, develop a solution that works, and move work forward. Support your opinions with sound reasoning grounded in the business and data.
- Build relationships with business, peers, and People teams across the organization
- Drive cyclical talent activities
- Lead high impact projects with on-time delivery, measurable outcomes and impact, and robust communication/change management
- Ability to communicate ideas, data, and thoughts well both verbally and written. Be comfortable challenging ideas and holding space for other perspectives to be heard.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of HR experiences in an HRBP line role
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, technology organization where ambiguity, agility, and flexibility are valued daily
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional listening skills and communication skills
- Masters degree/MBA
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner at all levels of organization to achieve results
- Ability to source, interpret, and use data to tell a story and influence decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to see patterns and set strategy while being able to dig into the details and
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience working on internationally distributed team
- Experience working with high growth teams
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT & Security
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
More About Flexport