Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
- Be a topic expert for our team and associates across multiple trade compliance programs.
- Be the “source of truth” backed up by in depth topic expertise and practical experience to empower various business functions and clients in most day-to-day program matters.
- Provide practical and creative solutions to complex problems empowering internal and external teams to meet regulations.
- Be the operational horsepower on our compliance team
- Identify programs to be built and possess strong project design skills as well as project management experience to deliver under tight timelines.
- Be a strong contributor to managers in structuring compliance programs and policies from the ground up, including documentation, training and auditing
- Guide and mentors others to excel in their career and deliver the highest quality projects - on time.
- Establish best practices and coordinates dissemination methods and timelines to ensure implementation and adherence to policy
- Identify regulatory audit requirements and structures audit programs to ensure compliance
- Ensure that internal and external teams meet requirements to reach compliance excellence
- Provide guidance to COAs to improve on identified gaps and opportunities to streamline processes for clients, vendors and partners around the world.
- Continuously drive to deliver on our promise of “Free Trade Through Technology”
- Ensure that all training material is current and accurate.
- Provide training material for external clients to meet regulatory requirements across multiple compliance programs
- Design various administrative systems to ensure proper record retention across programs.
- Identify and designs special projects needed to meet departmental and company objectives.
- You will be an integral part of delivering on our Team Mission:“Foster a business-oriented compliance culture by empowering Flexport and our clients with practical risk-mitigating solutions”
You should have:
- 4+ years of experience
- Previous compliance management experience with freight forwarder, exporter, or importer designing and managing complex cross functional compliance programs
- Be an experienced inspirational people manager excelling in guiding and mentoring.
- Superior organizational talent - you love dotting i’s and crossing t’s
- You master to-do-lists and love marking off checkboxes
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through
- You are a master at running excel; entering and analyzing compliance data
- Love of red-tape and fine print is your favorite nighttime reading
- You execute on your projects independently and on-time
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Love to work as an integral part of cross functional team that
- Serve many clients, internal and external, with competing priorities and
- Have courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it; “See something broken? Fix it!”
- Insane can-do attitude who loves to come in on ground level and help build an empire
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT & Security
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco