Engineering Manager, Billing
Build the operating system for global trade
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform connecting all the parties in global trade – importers, exporters, trucking companies, ocean carriers, airlines, customs agencies, port terminals – through a single, secure cloud-based platform. On this platform we help the world's fastest-growing brands move goods between any two places on the planet. We give our customers access to better structured data about their supply chain than they have themselves, unlocking insights that are currently locked in PDFs: what you’ve shipped, what you paid for each individual item and what your costs are.
Our platform is built from the ground up, aggregating data from many different sources. We offer hundreds of different data points and our data model is constantly evolving as we continue to build the capabilities required to manage today’s complex global supply chains.
Flexport has billions of dollars flowing in and out of our marketplace in an industry that still relies primarily on documents and manual processes.We’re looking for an engineering manager to lead our billing team. This team is responsible for the end to end flow of paying our vendors’ invoices. We do everything from bill ingestion (through APIs, ML based OCR and manual data entry) to bill processing, validation and approvals. Our business has outgrown the existing systems and we are on the way to building a best in class accounts payable platform to enable Flexport’s vision of making global trade easy for everyone.
You will be responsible for leading and expanding the team, evolving the vision and shaping the roadmap in coordination with the team’s product manager and the team’s business partners. We’re searching for a candidate that is detail oriented and has strong stakeholder management and cross functional collaboration skills.
- Create the engineering roadmap and own the technical landscape for the billing team at Flexport
- Manage execution of initiatives, define success metrics, and improve processes to help achieve better outcomes
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Lead, mentor and coach a group of talented engineers, and help them to progress in their careers
You should have:
- At least 3+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers.
- At least 9+ years of experience developing software (including management).
- Experience hiring and building diverse and inclusive teams.
- Experience setting technical vision and roadmap for a team.
- A track record of ideating, planning, executing, and reflecting on multi-month initiatives.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of the systems your team creates
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT & Security
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco