VP, Total Rewards
We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, Reuters, and the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. We’re seeking a VP, Total Rewards with a strong compensation background (preferably with pre-IPO and public company experience) who is passionate about analysis, program design, and teamwork. Reporting to the CPO, you will provide strategic, consultative advice to the Flexport leadership team and will be responsible for the total rewards and recognition strategy that will attract, retain, and motivate top talent.
We are a creative and curious team at Flexport. We believe in ownership and the long-term and setting our talent up for success. Come join our humble and full team - we are in it together!
- Build from the ground up with a great support structure
- Design our global total rewards philosophy, program design and implementation plan
- Drive the strategic design and execution of Flexport’s global compensation, equity, and benefits programs in line with business needs and values, and provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural and market differences.
- Partner with the CEO and the executive team to define a compelling total rewards strategy, built for a hybrid work-from-home and work-from-office workforce.
- Lead executive compensation efforts.
- Oversee projects focusing on key compensation initiatives such as compensation strategy redesign and implementation, market benchmarking, career path/ladder formation, and the design of short-term and long-term incentive programs.
- Oversee the company's benefits programs, including health, welfare, and retirement programs globally. Drive analytical rigor and analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing programs to verify they are aligned with our business and talent strategies and monitor market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
- Oversee all deliverables for our quarterly Comp Committee meetings as well as manage the equity budget annually for the Board. Partner with leadership and BOD on compensation programs for IPO readiness.
- Monitor external trends and benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of total rewards.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 10+ years of Total Rewards leadership experience in a public, multinational high technology environment.
- Proven track record of influencing, leading and facilitating large scale strategic initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated global compensation experience in the following areas: executive compensation, salary planning, market pricing, job evaluation, data analysis, research and cost modeling.
- Global benefit experience including knowledge of health and welfare plans, leaves and time off practices, and retirement plans.
- Experience with administering and marketing options and RSUs as a large portion of the employee Total Rewards package.
- Strong track record building, leading, and mentoring a diverse and high-performing team.
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity and strong problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail, organization, and the highest standards for accuracy and precision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills across all levels, with an ability to persuade and influence. Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote