Software Engineer II, Ecosystem
We are reinventing global trade.
The Global Data Ingestion team within the Ecosystem organization is a newly formed team tasked with the centralized ingestion of all trade-related data from external data sources and aggregators, normalizing that data, validating it according to a set of business rules, and forwarding the data to various engineering teams across Flexport.
The team is setting out to tackle the high degree of complexity, non-standardization and oftentimes chaos that plague the world of freight forwarding. This team will work with the rest of the Tech org at Flexport to build and manage hundreds of ingestion pipelines, built with world class software engineering practices and to a consistent system architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Help design a resilient and extensible architecture for the global ingestion of data to power global trade.
- Partner with engineering teams to build a suite of high quality and secure data pipelines that feed data from external data sources to Flexport
- Engage in full-stack software development and build core foundational components and services like a Data Catalog, a Datasource Manager and associated UIs
- Work closely with engineering partners and users to distill complex data problems into elegant technical solutions
- Collaborate closely with a tight-knit engineering team to help gather requirements, build solutions, and deliver software to Production multiple times a day
- Work cross-discipline with PM and TPM to define and drive data quality across Flexport.
- Play a significant role in the career development of others, actively mentoring and educating the community on data trends, technologies, and best practices.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of software development, design and architecture, and releasing and maintaining complex software products.
- Strong coding skills in Java / Kotlin, C#, Python, Scala, Go or a similar programming language related to our data stack
- Bonus: hands-on experience building and operating data pipelines
- Bonus: Experience with streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink, etc.
- Able to own software development projects from requirement gathering to release end to end.
- Prior experience working cross-function, with product & program management, UX, etc.
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to translate business requirements to technical requirements, and a proven record of communicating x-function and with non-technical audiences, like business teams. #LI-Hybrid
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote