Staff Commercial Product Manager, Air Freight
At Flexport, our mission is to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Our Commercial Products team is at the heart of that mission defining, digitizing and connecting the world through our first-class products.
- A Strategic Planner - You set an audacious vision and set the strategy, then translate our vision into cohesive multi-year product plans to deliver against it. You deliver value today while ensuring your products can flex and scale for the future.
- A Customer-Obsessed Athlete – You obsess over client needs while understanding market dynamics and historical insights. You define and scale products that exceed customer expectations, earn their trust, and set industry standards.
- A Problem Solver – Challenges and ambiguity excite you! You see beyond constraints, developing solutions that achieve beyond what was once thought possible. Like a start-up pro, you’re prepared to wear many hats.
- A Results-Oriented Leader – You are focused on hitting objectives and delivering results. You have the experience to get things done. Your commitment and energy empowers the team to go above and beyond when needed.
- A Calculated Risk Taker – You use both data and anecdotal inputs to make calculated 1-way and 2-way door decisions and you adjust as you learn as situations change.
- Someone who embraces and exemplifies our six companyvalues.
- Bring the right mix of business and technical skills to shape our customer/user experience, software solutions and operational processes for Air freight customers.
- Understand the evolving market, define and prioritize target customer segments, and analyze customer needs.
- Build a roadmap, experiment and launch customer facing products and solutions, and measure their performance.
- Partner closely with customers, sales, UX Design, finance, marketing, engineers, operations and other product managers across the organization
- Collaborate throughout the go-to-market planning and sales enablement
- Shape the operating mechanisms and culture to streamline and scale while leading teams from discovery to delivery.
You should have:
- 8+ years of total experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software product management
- 3+ years of experience in logistics or supply chain management, ideally working on growth and customer experience matching or real time dispatch problems
- Strong analytical skills. You use data to make tough Product decisions related to priority, roadmaps and trade-offs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable speaking publicly to large audiences
- Proven leadership skills, ability to manage up and drive consensus among executive stakeholders
- Ability to independently operate in a startup like environment, and to build and execute new products
- Experience in building products that get directly offered and / or sold to business customers.
- Experience influencing the executive team members on key strategies, cross-functional initiatives and resource trade-offs.
- Experience in building teams as well as in leading through influence.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote