Director of Product Management, Data Platform
Build the platform that powers global trade
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021.
We are looking for a seasoned product management leader to develop the roadmap, vision and priorities for Flexport’s Data Platform, focused on organizing and modeling the world’s trade data. The logistics industry is traditionally fragmented, consisting of silo’d data that is often analog and frequently stale, making it difficult to make accurate and timely data-driven decisions. The goal of the Data Platform is to collect, digitize and organize as much data as possible to quantify and create a trustworthy data representation of the state of logistics in the world. This single source of truth for data will provide the building blocks for Flexport to measure performance, enable automation, and democratize data at scale both for Flexport, and for the greater logistics industry. Our mission at Flexport is to make global trade easy for everyone, and our data strategy is critical to realizing that vision.
- Lead the 3 year product vision and strategy for Flexport’s data platform and paint a clear path on how we will get there
- Be our Flexport data champion, defining and building our trade graph data authorities and data ingestion pipeline which will represent the source of truth for supply chain assets and transactions
- Realize this vision through attracting, managing and developing a talented, diverse team of product managers, while leading a cross-functional team of data scientists, engineers, designers and other specialists
- Champion a product management culture that focuses on delivering impact, data-driven decision making and fast, purposeful execution.
- Drive measurable impact using qualitative and quantitative insights, creating a deep understanding of our internal business needs and customer opportunities connected to detailed product requirements and success metrics.
- Evangelize our Flexport Trade Graph with internal and external developer communities to grow awareness and adoption
- Frequently present at all-hands and executive meetings to bring everyone along in our platform journey to unlock global trade for the world, and drive market differentiation for Flexport.
- Bring at least 7 years of Product Management experience
- A track record of creating world-class data products
- Be invigorated by mentoring and growing product teams
- Work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility for your team, collaborating with and inspiring data science and engineering teams while influencing and partnering with adjacent teams
- Be comfortable in a startup like environment and can operate independently to build and execute products
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Create strong relationships with business and tech leadership, and drive consensus among stakeholders
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote