We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. Finance is central to Flexport’s success - creating transparency of company’s performance, financials, risks and internal controls, and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Staff Accountant with this mission. This person will operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment.
- Partner with Senior Accountant and cross functional teams (FP&A and FinOps) on tasks and action items
- Prepare monthly journal entries for prepaids and accruals
- Record monthly fixed assets and software capitalization depreciation and amortization
- Prepare monthly balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Assist with annual audit preparations
- Performing other accounting duties as assigned
You should have:
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting
- CPA license (active or inactive) or plan to sit for the exam preferred
- 2-4 years of working experience
- Provide timely updates regarding workload and status updates on open items
- A self-starter and experience with accruals preferred
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote