Solutions Architect- Supply
Build the solutions to help Flexport grow
The Ecosystem team’s mission is to make information exchange in global trade easy for everyone by efficiently, securely and reliably connecting the Flexport Platform with the external Global Trade Ecosystem.
We are looking for a talented Solutions Architect to join our team. In this role you will work closely with Flexport vendors and third parties, their systems, and our operations teams to design the integrated solutions that drive business value and improve supply chain workflows.
Integrating our best in class platform seamlessly with our logistics partners is a critical component of our strategy. Our integrated solutions bring end to end automation in the information exchange that is required between us and our partners, eliminating slow and error prone manual workflows. This requires the Flexport platform to be fully integrated with those of Air Carriers, Ocean Carriers, Rail carriers, Trucking partners, Warehouse operators and other logistics partners and global trade data providers. The success of our team is measured by the extent to which information exchange between Flexport and our logistics partners is reliably and effectively automated, reducing cost to serve for our operations teams.
- Develop data integration expertise in the logistics space and a deep understanding of Flexport’s capabilities
- Proactively manage systems integration projects with vendors and 3rd parties from discovery and requirements analysis through SIT, UAT and go-live
- Work with technical and operations stakeholders within various carriers and logistics partners to design and document complex technical & functional integrations
- Lead projects that can accommodate the wide variety of traditional and modern integration technologies in use by various logistics partners from flat files, EDI X12, EDIFACT, REST and SOAP APIs
- Compose functional requirements, data flow designs, use-cases and test scenarios for integrated solutions and solicit sign-off from operations and partners
- Provide consultative guidance to partners and vendors using Flexport’s public-facing APIs
- Develop collateral, best practices and reusable integrations multi-partner re-use, comprehensive message coverage, supportability and scalability
- Collaborate with Operations, Product Management and Engineering to create feedback loops to improve integration usage and business impact
You should have:
- 5+ years software or technology experience in a Solutions Architect or similar role delivering integration solutions to enterprise systems
- Practical experience using REST APIs
- Familiarity with transmission protocols (FTP, SFTP, AS2, etc.), payload / file formats (JSON, XML, delimited files, etc.) and ETL concepts
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting to both technical and executive audiences of all levels, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, related fields or equivalent experience
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in logistics and/or global trade
- Experience delivering solutions with enterprise integration platforms such as Dell Boomi or similar
- Practical experience with EDI ANSI X12 and EDIFACT standards for logistics industry
- Experience integrating enterprise systems with suppliers and vendor
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote