Engineering Manager, SRE
Manager, Site Reliability Engineering (Singapore)
Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) manager to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. Our SREs are responsible for creating a culture of reliability through the proactive development of services that make our technology teams do their jobs better. We focus on Flexport’s internally developed, user-facing services and other production systems to ensure that they run smoothly and that we can quickly resolve disruptions.
You will join at an exciting time where the Flexport SRE is building and scaling our operations globally. You will be deeply involved in every step of the process—maturing our processes, improving security capabilities, managing the team, and recruiting excellent analysts and engineers.
- Lead a team of SREs creating sustainable systems and services through automation, service delivery, monitoring, and support.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Infrastructure, and IT teams to drive reliability and operability in system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Drive automation and self-service capabilities that enable the organization with secure frameworks, blueprints, and patterns.
- Collaborate with SRE managers and leadership to define strategy, roadmap, OKRs, priorities and key metrics for the Singapore SRE team.
- Provide performance and reliability insights to key leaders in SRE, security, and engineering to help increase uptime and reduce customer impact.
- Establish and maintain monitoring capabilities that track service availability, capacity, and performance across our production environments.
- Develop SLOs in partnership with product and engineering teams to influence velocity and reliability.
- Participate in the incident management program and oversee on-call rotations to continuously assess operational state, identify opportunities for improvements that reduce or eliminate toil.
You should have:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in computing, distributed systems, storage, or networking - preferably as an SRE and with a strong software development background
- 5+ years of experience managing SREs. Experience managing managers is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with infrastructure teams to drive reliability by design, and continuously evaluate and improve service availability.
- Proven track record driving technical initiatives across endpoints, servers, networks, and cloud environments.
- In-depth knowledge of common controls for cloud and enterprise infrastructure, as well as vulnerability and mitigations.
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy.
- Desire to take risks and move out of your comfort zone by allowing teams to design new techniques and approaches that drive meaningful change.
- Deep expertise with developer/devops tooling including source code/artifacts management, CI and CD pipelines, and configuration automation with Infrastructure as Code.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote