DevOps - Infrastructure Engineer
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
We are reinventing global trade.
The Developer Experience team is rapidly growing and we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team that focuses on improving developer pipelines and integrating changes more frequently. The team is responsible for our delivery pipeline infrastructure. We develop the CI/CD paved path, which makes service integration and deployment easier. Developers can use this infrastructure to own and integrate their services. The team defines and supports various deployment models (Blue-Green, Canary, Rolling) as well as release orchestration and automation gates (image scanning, dependency checks, testing, production readiness, SDLC best practices and policies). Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), we’re starting to push the limits. We have begun deploying services to the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) and want to continue helping our developers use this infrastructure to own and integrate their services.
What you’ll do:
- Develop reusable tools, frameworks, processes, and automation around build/deploy/test workflows that help engineers set up, implement, and deliver their services as quickly and easily as possible.
- Codify software development life cycle (build, deploy, test, refactor, release with no downtime) that enable high-quality release in all environments.
- Own our developer experience by working with engineering teams to identify and resolve areas of developer friction.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Enable service migrations from ECS to K8S.
- Automate integrations with engineering systems such as Github, Artifactory, Jira.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with containerized CI/CD pipelines and creating reproducible builds from development to production.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
- Experience with K8S and CI/CD tools, including the benefits and challenges.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote