Product Manager II, Document Platform
Build the products to help revolutionize global trade!
Build the document platform that powers a seamless global trade. Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access and quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all in the most secure manner. As a Product Manager II on the Document Platform team, you will develop and execute a roadmap to help us build the operating system for global trade and empower other product teams at Flexport. You will work on several products that enable our teams to manage documents, drive operational tasks and collaborate to deliver delightful products to their customers.
- Solve a fundamental multi-party need in a complex, fragmented domain by answering the questions “Who has access to which documents”, “What access restrictions should be applied”, “What security measures should be established”, “What documents should be generated to drive downstream workflows” for all of Flexport’s shipments.
- Build and validate product ideas to develop SaaS offerings and enable Flexport to be a leader in the 4PL business.
- Own and deliver complex features and products that improve the end-to-end customer experience
- Inspire and lead cross functional teams of engineers, designers, data analysts, and domain experts
- Participate in research and user discovery with internal product teams and external partners
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Flexport’s systems and the trade landscape to solve real problems with technology
You should have:
- Three to five years of Product Management experience; bachelors or equivalent.
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, how to relate the shipping of specific features all the way up to the company’s financial health, and the ability to articulate the reasons why certain software investments are necessary
- A proven track record of delivering products that obsess over UX and work hand in hand with designers and front-end engineers to improve UX
- Relentlessly data-driven - Though we have interfaces, the Visibility team’s core product is data and you will be expected to eat, drink, and breathe our domain’s data
- A strong sense of ownership and curiosity - you work independently, enjoy large and poorly defined problems, and love getting to the bottom of things
- Ability to navigate ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you chart a path to bring clarity
- Strong communication skills - you can write clearly, speak intelligently, and guide stakeholders along as you craft a story
- Play the Long Game - You can see around corners and plan 1-2 years ahead in terms of what needs to get built so the business accomplishes its objectives. You relentlessly defend your roadmap from distractions and can stay the course
- Bias for Action - you rarely wait for explicit permission to do things and are internally driven to start work with little guidance
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote