Director, Product Analytics
Build the analytics capabilities to help Flexport grow
The opportunity: Director of Product Analytics
Flexport is looking to hire a highly quantitative, passionate, experienced and creative Director to lead, grow, and mentor the Product Analytics group. The Product Analytics group leverages data from the Data Warehouse and external sources to deliver reports, dashboards, in-depth analyses and insights to Flexport business units and enables them to optimize how they conduct business.
This position requires a very curious and creative approach, attention to detail, and a superior acumen towards enhancing the value of data/metrics to satisfy business priorities. This person will need to be able to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced team-driven environment, and communicate well with business and technical personnel. We are looking for someone who has a consultative mindset and is used to partnering with teams across an organization, is an excellent storyteller, a motivating leader and easily able to prioritize, staff and deliver high impact, complex data projects.
The successful candidate will manage, develop and mentor a team of business data analysts who prepare and analyze large volumes of data to deliver insight that will drive actionable strategy.
The data analysts work with a team of data scientists, the data warehouse, the product team and business stakeholders to measure, interpret and drive the continuous improvement of processes and business KPIs.
- Shape the strategic direction of the products we build by leading the establishment of north star metrics and their measurement strategy
- Work with Product/Business Leaders to establish clear definitions of KPIs and product health metrics
- Become an expert in Flexport’s freight forwarding business, the KPIs that drives its success, and how various metrics impact these KPIs.
- Work cross-functionally to establish reporting & decision-making standards as a standard part of our product development lifecycle
- Develop and drive processes to acquire accurate, up to date and timely data from multiple sources (in partnership with Data Engineering and Analytics Platform teams).
You should have:
- M.Sc. degree in technical field (analytical focus preferred) with 7+ years in business intelligence/data analysis role and 3+ years of leading a team or function
- Experience with “modern data stack” tools and technologies (Looker, dbt, Snowflake, etc., strongly preferred)
- Experience dealing with and resolving data accuracy, data governance, performance and scaling issues.
- Robust project management skills and experience. Ability to keep track of timelines and deliverables involving multiple projects and initiatives involving participants from different teams.
- Ability to assess and document business processes, understand the model and its integration with our technology.
- Creativity in developing and presenting actionable recommendations
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to understand business challenges, structure complex problems, develop solutions
- Able to advise business leaders by providing data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities.
- Experience gathering and exploring data from multiple sources using SQL and using a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Solid grasp of and experience with implementing and operating Software development methodologies (Agile, Kanban)
- A solid grasp of common statistical applications and methods (A/B tests and multivariate experiments, probabilities, regression)
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills. The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses to business partners is key.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Culture and Values:
Check out ourKey Values profile
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it canhelp connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one withFlexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote