Senior Manager, Flexport.org Programs
Lead the programs to help Flexport.org grow
Help make logistics a positive force for social and environmental sustainability
Flexport.org is the dedicated sustainability and social impact team within Flexport. We’re a lean, tight-knit, entrepreneurial team, and are driven by a shared passion for using technology to tackle our climate crisis. The Flexport.org Programs team develops sustainability tools and offerings to help Flexport customers measure, reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions to decarbonize supply chains. Simultaneously, we lead Flexport’s corporate environmental sustainability strategy and industry partnerships.
As the Senior Manager of Flexport.org Programs, you’ll oversee Program Managers and programmatic strategy.
- Set and report on Flexport’s climate solutions strategy:
- Develop and execute Programs’ vision, strategy, and roadmap in collaboration with the Flexport.org leadership team, constantly evolving our programs to keep up with the changing sustainability landscape
- Prepare and lead executive updates, co-develop annual priorities and goals for the entire Flexport.org team
- Lead the Flexport.org Programs team:
- Lead global customer engagement in Flexport.org Programs – our environmental programs unlock exponential impact when our customers take action through us.
- Oversee major strategic initiatives and cross-functional projects.
- Evaluate and establish global industry partnerships for Flexport and our customers, including Flexport’s freight carriers, carbon offset and reduction partners, green freight startups, corporate sustainability groups, and more
- Serve as Flexport’s subject matter expert for environmental sustainability, representing the company in media and creating public content such as blogs and press releases
- Collaborate with Flexport.org’s Technology team:
- Inform and support product vision, requirements, and KPIs in partnership with Flexport.org’s Product Manager and Engineering team, creating sustainability tools and offerings in Flexport’s Customer Platform
- Manage data, reporting, and impact metrics
You should have:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in a relevant field and 8+ years of experience in corporate/environmental sustainability or logistics.
- People management experience.
- Experience managing customers and/or strategic partners.
- A knack for organization in fast-paced environments: from managing major projects to manipulating data, you love bringing order to chaos.
- Ability to both develop high-level strategy and execute it.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a growth mindset: the sustainable logistics industry is growing quickly and we face new, exciting opportunities every day.
- An empathy-first approach to leadership: you encourage a culture of compassion and support within and beyond your team.
- Excitement for the potential of product and technology to solve challenges.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
- A passion for fixing our climate crisis. It’s why we’re here!
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote