Senior Product Manager, Forwarding Application
Build the Application that powers global trade
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access and quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all. You will be a part of solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
Join us in innovating and automating the Freight Forwarding experience for our internal Operations and Client Solution Teams, as well as our worldwide Partners.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to help build a scalable and reliable freight forwarding application
- Help set Flexport’s 3-5 year strategy and how we will get there, as well as own and deliver complex features and products that improve Customer experience and drive operational efficiency
- Inspire and lead cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, designers, data analysts, and domain experts to deliver on the product vision
- Participate in research and user discovery with internal teams and external partners
- Become a domain expert: understand the market, Flexport’s systems, and the competitive landscape
- Work with a global tech team across Bellevue, San Francisco, Chicago, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Amsterdam
You should have:
- At least 5+ years of product management or relevant work experience
- Experience launching complex products and driving impact through a cross-functional leadership team
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business and know how to set and drive KPI’s
- A strong sense of ownership - you can work independently and lead a smoothly running product development team with many cross-team dependencies and impacts
- Experience navigating ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you deliver great work!
- Great communication skills - you can communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- Executive presence: you can hold your own with our senior leadership team
- A growth Mindset - you care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving and elevating our PM team and processes by identifying process improvements and mentoring others
- Fluency with written and spoken English
Bonus if you have:
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree or equivalent
- Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product experience
- Experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Developed products with a global audience
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote