Senior Operational Program Manager, Order Management
Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Two key questions your work will impact for clients: “Where’s my stuff?” and “When will it get here?”. The work that you and your team does will help your clients answer these questions quickly and effortlessly.
We are looking for a seasoned Program Manager to design and deliver the right operational programs for our Order Management product. You love to break and redefine operational processes, using data to drive efficiency and efficacy. You obsess over what your clients care about, and ensure your team understands, documents, and delivers against those expectations. You will partner with Product Managers, Implementation and Customer Success, Business Development, Analytics, and our business teams to deliver world-class solutions that simplify global trade complexities. You will ensure Flexport delivers a best in class Order Management product and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but the platform for global trade, making trade easy for everyone.
- Deep dive existing processes from start of operations through day to day transaction handling and exception management.
- Work independently to develop programs and processes that standardize operational activity to enable operational scale.
- Constantly look for ways to improve post-implementation activity
- Set a high bar with the program standards you deliver, relentless eliminating non-value added activity
- Deliver the product as per promise, consistently and reliably.
- Lead the team responsible for delivering Order Management destination operations activities and targeted data management solutions for our clients
- Identify opportunities with potential for automation to replace manual work and drive necessary change with both business and tech stakeholders
- Drive simplification of your product(s) activity, facilitating expert delivery by our operation and ease of use of our customers.
You should have:
- Business acumen - You know the levers of the business, how to relate the work of this role all the way up to the company’s financial health. You can articulate operational performance and reasons for process changes to any level stakeholder.
- Dive Deep superpowers - You are naturally curious and want to understand how Flexport’s software and related processes function. You use the “5 Why” framework or similar paradigms to challenge current means. You get your hands dirty and sweat details to find root causes.
- A relentlessly data-driven and highly data literate mindset - delivering products that delight clients starts with you. You know that making decisions needs both customer anecdotes and customer data. BI tools and SQL are your friends, not just a tool of the job.
- Bias for Action: Once you’ve dived deep through data to find key insights, you build a plan and go on the offense to drive improvements. You’re not someone who needs things spelled out for them or is uncomfortable with ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills - you can write clearly, speak intelligently, and guide stakeholders along as you guide them through a journey.
- A love to play the long game - You can see around corners and plan 2-3 steps ahead in terms of what needs building so your customers find success using your products. You relentlessly defend your roadmap from distractions and can stay the course.
- Domain knowledge: You’re familiar with the ins and outs of how customers and operators interact with our product - their day to day work, what incentivizes them, preferred methods of working, nature of the industry, and regional nuances.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry by building the “Operating System for Global trade”, with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it canhelp connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one withFlexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote