Executive Assistant, Operations
Support The Team That Helps Flexport Grow
We're looking for an Executive Assistant to support our VP of Supply Chain Operations and VP of Commercial Product.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the schedule is impeccable, and work alongside these multiple leaders and their direct reports to maximize their ability to focus on the team’s key priorities in supporting Flexport’s continued growth. This role will also ensure that leaders are prepared for all meetings, including compiling briefing documents, decks, and other materials for meetings, interviews, and company events. This role will also support and resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, and helping to identify and implement solutions.
- Manage complicated internal and external meetings and coordinate domestic and global travel
- Ensure your leaders are prepared for all meetings, conducting research where necessary and compiling briefing documents for meetings, interviews, etc
- Attend team meetings as needed, taking notes and providing follow-up on action items
- Complete expense reports per policy and executive requests
- Assist with planning cultural events for the organization
- Handle confidential or non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments, while protecting operations by having an overall high level of discretion
- Act as the primary facilitator for internal and external individuals on matters pertaining to leader access; you are the team expert and go-to resource for general requests and questions; you are the keeper of all team resources
- Be comfortable offering suggestions and making improvements to processes
- Prioritize conflicting needs with guidance from leaders and senior members of the admin team, while keeping leadership informed of short and long-term responsibilities and commitments;
- Work on exciting projects from start to finish with support from the admin team as needed
You should have:
- A BA /BS degree and 10+ years of exec support or other relevant experience (ie. recruiting coordination)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to interact with internal and external partners
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced time sensitive environment
- The ability to exhibit grace and patience under pressure, and the ability to go with the flow amidst ever-changing needs and priorities
- Superior organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and great follow through on tasks
- The ability to be an efficient self-starter and decision-maker that can act on instinct
- A genuine interest in learning by helping and be a problem solver at heart
- Availability to deliver quickly, across global time zones. We need you not only to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up!
- A love of working hard and having a blast doing it. Our team believes what we’re doing is changing the world for the better
- Strong skills in Google and Microsoft Office suites, as well as other electronic communications
- Experience in a start-up environment (this is a plus!)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote