Senior Program Manager, Learning and Enablement
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator.
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
We’re looking for a highly capable program manager to join the Chief Technology Officer’s Office and manage key programs focused on Technology team growth and scale. This person will excel at crafting narratives and telling stories in a way that excites, educates, and brings people together. At the same time, this role will channel these stories to Technology teams through learning and enablement programs that are created and managed from end-to-end, from design through completion. Flexport’s Technology team includes Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, IT, Security and other technology specialists. As our Flexport teams grow and scale, we need to strengthen our enablement programs to accelerate learning so that together we build the technology platform to make global trade easy for everyone.
Our Program Manager will drive high profile initiatives focused on healthy team growth and enablement. This includes supporting recruiting, onboarding, and ongoing learning and development. Examples of such programs include developing our Tech Brand to attract new talent to our organization, evolving Tech Academy - our 1 week onboarding for new hires, and building a Business Shadowing program so that our tech teams can develop deeper understanding of day-to-day business needs. Our Flexport teams are growing in hyperscale mode, and our ability to programmatize the way we learn and grow is critical to our ability to scale our teams in a healthy sustainable way.
This role is ideal for a highly organized individual with excellent story-telling and communication skills. This person understands technology in a way that allows an appreciation for the complexity of the problem, how it translates to real business impact, and then is able to weave it into a narrative that can be shared and understood by large audiences. This role is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our technology landscape and help shape and define our Technology organizational culture for the coming years.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of learning and enablement programs aligned to our Technology organization
- Use the power of storytelling combined with virtual and live learning tools to build repeatable patterns for learning and understanding Flexport technology and business outcomes
- Learn from our technology and business teams to understand what we do, and weave it into a compelling narrative to be more broadly communicated
- Gather, track and organize deliverables from multiple, cross-functional teams and focus our efforts towards focused org-level outcomes
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to determine programs’ effectiveness, while fostering a culture of continuous improvement by taking feedback and learning to iterate on design
- Build strong relationships with technology and business leaders across Flexport
You should have:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience leading complex, global programs and processes
- A passion for teaching and enabling large teams, within structured learning development programs
- A love for technology and experience working with Technology teams, such as product management and engineering
- The ability to think critically and strategically, with a consultative and data-driven analytical approach to solving complex problems
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency - proven ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- A knack for collaboration and relationship building, with global stakeholders at all levels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong executive presence; you are skilled in packaging and presenting complex analysis and recommendations clearly
- Strong spreadsheet, slide and narrative building skills
- Self starter attitude - willing to chase work down and love the responsibility of being empowered
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote