Global Operation Associate
Global Operation AssociateAbout Flexport:
The Company: At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year. The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
The Team: Flexports’ Global Operations team is the front line team responsible for successfully managing our Customer’s supply chains end to end. To achieve this the Global Operations Team is at the heart of delighting our customers, managing our partners and working closely with our technology partners to drive innovation through process automation. With our focus on developing a global network, our operational teams are strategically located across the world to manage and execute our services and products offered to our customers and partners. Flexport Global Operations raises the bar by using data to manage our customer’s supply chains and identifies opportunities to improve fidelity in planning, responsiveness and overall execution.
You Will: As a supply chain operator, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of global shipments within a regional network including Ocean less than and full container load (LCL and FCL), Ocean imports and Air imports and exports.
- You will be the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move on-time and exceptions are handled appropriately.
- You will be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will partner with Account Management to problem solve and ensure client needs are met.
- At times, you will test and pilot new scalable operational infrastructure and procedures to ensure they are delivering the highest levels of efficiency and quality for your customers and within our operational model.
- Your team will:
- Seamlessly coordinate day-to-day logistics operations with internal and external partners such as steamship lines, air carriers, intermodal and drayage vendors, customs, trade lane management, warehousing, transloading, trucking, and the air operations team.
- Execute the end-to-end movement of freight shipments within a regional network (both imports and exports), including intermodal movements.
- You will be required to aggregate all accurate charges associated with a shipment and ensure it’s included in the billing file to invoice.
- You will be responsible for quoting, requoting, and invoicing shipments you are assigned to
You should have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fluent in English
- Able to adapt to new technology and can thrive in a fast paced environment
- Effective time management. Be able to properly prioritize and manage a large volume of tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively seek and receive feedback
- Effective communication
- Teamwork and relationship building
- Orientation towards working smarter and adopting best practices and standardization
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Additional preferred qualifications:
- BA/BS Degree
- 1+ years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting (ocean freight knowledge is a plus)
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote