Senior IT Manager
Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Flexport is looking for an experienced IT leader to help grow our End User Services teams in Americas region. Our team works cross functionally and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally.
You will lead our IT End User Support team located across the USA & EMEA regions. You will be responsible for defining support best practices, escalation paths, and capabilities in conjunction with IT leadership across the globe. You will lead the internal help desk team to deliver on support and infrastructure projects, defining OKRs, and building a roadmap that will enable Flexport to grow and scale. You will drive the team to exceed end users expectations. You have experience in office build outs, automating onboarding & offboarding tasks and deploying ITSM tools. You recognize that being a manager means putting the development of your people first, and you will help to grow, mentor, and enable your team to deliver an amazing experience for our customers.
- Focus on people: Build a high performing IT Support team through mentorship, training, and direct feedback.
- Be metric oriented: Use data to find trends and drive continuous improvement through collaboration with your peers in all areas of IT
- Be the leader: Provide timely resolution to problems and act as final escalation point for the team and customers
- Work with IT leadership to develop a framework for technology training and create a feedback process for both our support team and our customers.
- Lead the team in the development of the support strategy and roadmaps for each of our core IT offerings within Flexport including ITSM tools.
- Provide oversight and operational management for critical IT tools including: GSuite, Zoom, Slack, JIRA, and Confluence
- Lead our Office Expansion projects across the US region incl.
- Helping define technology requirements, lead plan and provide resources to deliver amazing working locations to our Flexport team
You should have:
- 10+ years experience in a hands on Enterprise IT environment
- Minimum 4+ years experience in a leadership role within a global IT organization
- 3+ years managing and maintaining budgets
- Proven track record of building a global support organization and managing operations at scale
- Experience managing ticket-based enterprise work-flow systems, particularly JIRA Service Desk and Confluence.
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience negotiating with vendors on enterprise-wide deals.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Mac OS, Windows 10, Linux & Mobile platforms
- Background in network fundamentals and support experience
- Expertise in GSuite support and administration (Gmail, GCal, Groups, GDocs)
- Experience in supporting Video Conference and presentation technology, preferably with Teams, Blue Jeans or similar services
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after hours and weekend support
- Some regional travel may be required to support distributed staff
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote