Senior Ocean Freight Fulfillment Associate
Senior Ocean Freight Fulfillment Associate
Our Ocean Freight Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As a Senior Ocean Freight Fulfillment Associate, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
We’re looking for a team member based in our Shenzhen office, responsible for different trades that we are focusing on. Candidates will need to have a passion for ocean freight and ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
What you’ll do:
Be an operational leader:
- Manage soft and hard allocation with carriers, prepare forecast and secure space for our clients;
- Fully protect all LCL and FCL trial shipments without any rollover by providing space protection lists to the carriers;
- Assign daily schedules to partners by running the FMT, continue to provide carrier solution to partner / squad within 24 hours after CRD confirmed with FMT (currently covering PRS only);
- FMT data maintenance including allocation, cut-off, blank sailing...
- Provide appropriate solutions / response upon the requests from squads, not limited to emails, slack;
- Manage rollover list submission if necessary;
- Works with procurement team for contract related issue;
- Monitor forecast vs utilization (actual loadings) against carriers and minimize shortfall;
- FMT function enhancement if necessary;
- Maintain and develop long term relationship with carriers;
- Monitor and coach team’s performance to achieve OKRs;
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a startup, top consulting firm, an NVOCC pricing, procurement or operations team or in a supply-chain role, hands on experience of Transpacific trade is a plus; also open to candidates from other industries as well. We are trying to diversify our team!
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it canhelp connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one withFlexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote