Client Solutions Specialist (New Grad)
Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2022. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive support partner and problem-solver for our clients, working to improve their supply chains by leveraging Flexport's unique and adaptable solutions.
The Client Solutions Specialist role helps to support teams grow and realize the Flexport value by deeply understanding the supply chain and partnering to find solutions for client-interfacing teams. Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. The Client Solutions Specialist is here to ensure that attention to detail is met for our clients and the teams they work with daily. This role offers a unique opportunity to grow within our Client Solutions department, as well as gain Freight Forwarding industry knowledge.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Driving client success by supporting client reporting needs, ensuring accurate and timely data and analysis, supporting process enhancements, as well as participating in client meetings
- Support the financial management of the Flexport business by ensuring accurate and timely client invoicing
- Own the data quality of our clients information by validating booked shipments, tracking client shipment status, updating schedules accordingly
- Performing shipment audits and/or owning specific shipment processes for a Flexport team
- Handling essential client communication and routine exceptions during shipment lifecycle
- Proactively communicating with internal teams and partners
- Completing special projects or analytics to support your Flexport team and clients, by reviewing client metrics and details to support opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- You will step in to fill gaps in process or implement improved processes as needed
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Team-centric: obsessed with team outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the team’s and their client’s expectations
- Proficient in Google Suite/Microsoft Suite (Sheets/Excel)
- Ability to analyze and interpret client data
- Entry level customer-facing experience
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong organizational skills: The world of global trade is fast moving! Strong organization skills and thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved
We believe that making global trade easy for everyone will help move the human race forward. That’s why Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote