Product Manager, Ocean
Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone, and ocean shipping sits at the core of that mission. It’s Flexport’s largest business line and fundamental to many modern supply chains (most of the goods you see around you were shipped in an ocean container at some point).
As a Product Manager on our Ocean team, you will work with our team to launch innovative products that enable Inventory and Allocation management across the complex universe of Ocean offerings. You will build products that affect the nature of offerings across multiple tradelanes, ports, and teams. You will bring together design, data science, and automation to an industry that’s long relied on tedious, manual processes.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop products that support Allocations, Inventory, and Beneficial Cargo Owner offerings within Flexport Ocean.
- Lead cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, researchers, analysts, and operations specialists to implement offering products, Allocation, Inventory management, and Fulfillment solutions.
- Understand the ocean shipping market, competitive landscape, and how Flexport fits into it all.
- Build further experience, impact, and scope as an emerging product management leader and domain expert.
- Solve complex problems and Innovate within the ocean freight industry to help reimagine global trade!
You should have:
- Strong understanding of the product development lifecycle from at least 3 years of product management or relevant operational experience.
- Core understanding of the levers of a business, how to define, set, and measure KPIs, and experience to methodically ship products that move the needle.
- Technical competence and the ability to discuss APIs, data models, and services with the engineering team (but you don’t need to be able to code!).
- Concise, clear, and effective communication skills with a knack for clearly describing customer problems
- Collaborated with stakeholders across multiple functions to develop a shared vision of the future while delivering consistent business value.
- Charisma and strong desire to contribute to the culture of your team, and to propagate an atmosphere that makes work better and more fun!
- Independent judgment and self-discipline to stay focused on the most important problems and to make and improve effective processes.
- Presence to discuss and contribute in occasional conversations with senior leadership.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, roughly once a quarter.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote