Engineering Manager, Marketplace Finance
Engineering Manager, Marketplace Finance
Build the first modern logistics platform
Do you come from the Finance or FinTech industry but want to apply your skills into something tangible that makes a positive impact on people’s daily lives? Or coming from another industry and considering getting into FinTech?
Then come help us build our greenfield financial platform for freight forwarding and scale up our business!
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
In Amsterdam, Flexport is adding product and engineering teams to our Vijzelstraat office with the initial focus on supporting our continued growth within our Marketplace group. We are now scaling up the Marketplace Operational Finance domain, a greenfield FinTech org located entirely in Amsterdam.
Our FinTech teams and products in our Amsterdam tech-hub provide near real time cost, revenue and net revenue estimation, financial optimization, profitability monitoring and financial analysis for the entire lifecycle of shipments and other product lines or services (e.g. shipping insurance, customs clearance, etc) spanning 112 countries and counting.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of making global trade easier for everyone. At Flexport you’ll develop systems that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries.
- Build a new team, establish team culture and recruit new engineers
- Lead, mentor and coach a group of talented engineers, and help them to progress in their careers.
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Create the engineering roadmap, and own the technical landscape for the systems driving accounts payable at Flexport
- Work closely with our business partners and the product manager to distill complex business problems into robust technical solutions
You should have:
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of engineers
- Ability to set technical vision for larger projects
- Ability to work well with others and collaborate across teams
- Have experience hiring and building diverse and inclusive teams
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your programming
- Experience in FinTech or willing to dive deep into accounting, finance and cost & revenue allocation.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, Node.js, Go, Clojure. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres, MongoDB and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it canhelp connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one withFlexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote