Director of Product Management, Customs and Financial Applications
The Flexport Technology team is getting started on building a robust platform to deliver flexible, reliable, and scalable solutions that connect consignees, shippers, freight forwarders, ports, carriers, and customs brokers to a single source of truth for global trade. We are constructing a digital view of trade networks, port information, carrier capacities, schedules and shipment activity.
We are looking to hire a highly passionate, experienced, quantitative and creative leader to lead and grow the Customs and Financial Applications Product group.
You’ll be leading and managing a few product areas: starting with Customs, you’ll be exploring the product opportunity to support our unique fintech offerings that leverage the resources and data of Flexport’s platform for global trade. You will coach your team to become better at their craft and ensure they and their teams are delivering value to our users more quickly and more consistently than the competition. To be effective, you’ll need to be able to dive deep and learn quickly, work in a fast-paced team-driven environment, and communicate well with business and technical personnel.
- Leadership: Hire and develop product management teams. Inspire a broader team to achieve results. Exemplify, coach others on, and contribute to Flexport's values.
- Strategy & Goals: Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Flexport’s overall and Technology strategy to identify and execute on opportunities to further transform the way teams work together. Establish a compelling team purpose that is aligned to overall organizational vision.
- Prioritize, Unblock and Solve Real Problems: Guide and ensure that team prioritizes and creates product experiences that solve the users biggest pain points. Proactively remove roadblocks, pave the way for innovation and handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Dive Deep: Dive deep into customer needs, develop and deliver solutions. Ready to roll your sleeves up, hands-on and get Involved when needed.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work cross the technology organization and cross-functionally to ensure an excellent end-to-end customer experience.
- Coaching: Provide career coaching to Product Managers, including correcting courses when identifying disconnects in vision and providing appropriate level of guidance to managers and team members.
- Define Metrics & Goals: Define metrics and lead the team to organize, structure, and make it consumable so that we can offer customers unprecedented benefits and insights.
You should have:
- 15+ years of industry experience
- 8+ years of managing product managers
- 4+ years of managing managers
- A seasoned strategist, analyst, and product-minded thinker.
- Experience driving complex projects or programs with several competing stakeholders.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to manage up and drive consensus among stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills. Skilled at written and verbal communications.
- Cross functional collaboration and negotiation skills. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function.
- Experience synthesizing and presenting complex information to senior leadership in writing and verbally.
- Excellent eye for detail and demonstrated obsession with building great user experiences.
- Comfort with ambiguity and changes. An ability to navigate them successfully with limited guardrails in an ever-changing and often undefined environment
- Experienced at hiring and at managing out underperformance.
- Excellent at caring personally for team members and providing candid real-time feedback.
- Comfort in a startup like environment and can operate independently to build and execute new products
- Commitment and energy to go above and beyond when needed
- Focus on understanding opportunities and using data to deliver results
- An ability to deep dive customer needs, developing and delivering solutions
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote