Senior Program Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Flexport’s Commercial Product & Strategy Team is hiring a Senior Program Manager for Strategic Planning. In this role, you work closely with both the Business and Tech teams to execute our product portfolio strategy and keep the company committed, and on track, to deliver the highest-prioritized initiatives.
- Work on cross-collaborative initiatives to drive alignment and execution of annual initiatives.
- Manage the process to identify projects for annual investment to develop both commercial and software products.
- Facilitate the intake process for ideas which can be new products, new features, or small enhancements from across the company and clients.
- Manage the process to get intake requests to the right stakeholders and provide visibility to our requesters.
- Assemble a roadmap of all products (commercial and software), the strategic layout of how products fit together (dependencies and synergies), and measure how we progress toward our vision.
- Establish team and company SLAs, producing monthly reporting and dashboards for visibility.
- Drive strong feedback loops across Business and Tech organizations, collaborating to improve inefficiencies.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- A strong sense of ownership - you can work independently and can navigate cross-team dependencies and impacts.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you deliver great work!
- Strong communication skills - solid verbal and written communication skills, with a bias toward over communication.
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and build consensus.
- Embody the startup mindset: driven, bias towards action, move fast, make things happen
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills paired with a reputation for getting things done.
- Experience working and collaborating with distributed remote teams.
- An analytical and data-driven approach to problem solving.
- An interest in internal processes, systems and documentation optimization.
Bonus points for:
- Setting up processes from scratch
- Experience with Jira Service Desk
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote