Product Operations Manager
Build the user experience that powers global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Product management team creates end-to-end product experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a Product Operations Manager to help increase our operational excellence. We want to continuously improve the way we communicate and work within the team, and with the rest of the organization. From onboarding to running product events, the Product Operations Manager will have a significant impact on our team’s effectiveness and impact at Flexport. By managing the operational aspects of the product organization, and implementing best practices, continuing education and enabling the product team with the right tools and processes, product managers can focus on their core competencies. You ensure that the product organization is equipped to scale and grow consistently and with low friction. You’ll be an advocate for Product for Flexport.
- Streamline communication within the product team and with other parts of the company. Drive ways to improve team and company-wide visibility into team projects.
- Streamline and standardize critical and routine tasks and processes. Assist in refining Flexport product management processes - from cross-team collaboration to reviews.
- Maintain templates, guidelines, references, and resources for product managers. Make sure that the resources and templates are the right ones for the task, are easy to use, and are made available in a central, easy to find location. Organize information from PRDs to weekly update and ensure they are easily accessible and searchable.
- Defines an effective onboarding process and then puts everything in place so that there’s a clear path from day of hire to becoming a productive member of the team. Put together onboarding and training programs, best practices and support resources.
- Invest time in understanding what’s working and what’s not within the product group, and staying on top of the latest best practices, methodologies, and tools, to identify the most impactful areas. These learnings are then consolidated into easily accessible information for the team.
- Working closely with Customer support team, product managers and engineering managers, build a strong process for end-to-end management of user feedback. Facilitate reviews for product leaders across different channels and teams and organize in a single system of record so that product managers can leverage the insight for prioritization.
- Develop a continuing education program. Make sure everyone on the team is staying on top of the curriculum and puts in place a way to measure whether the team is learning what they need to know.
- Organize team activities aimed at fostering a sense of community.
- Assist in maintaining pm budget, job leveling documents and associated job descriptions, headcount planning and team building
- Lead initiatives to attract product talent to Flexport
You should have:
- Must have 4+ years of Operations Program Management experience on a product management team
- Demonstrated program and project management skills
- Solid understanding of product management teams and process
- Adept at building relationships with product managers, engineers, technical program managers and designers
- Demonstrated experience developing OKRs, pipelines for sharing and critiquing product work, and executive product reviews
- Comfortable in a startup like environment and can operate independently to identify opportunities and execute
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote