Senior Program Manager, Visibility
Run Flexport’s cornerstone product, helping us become the world’s best solution for answering the questions “where’s my stuff?” and “when will it get here?”
Flexport’s Visibility product is a cornerstone offering for Flexport as it evolves into becoming a global trade platform. The Visibility product’s mission is to deliver universal visibility of our client’s freight across all transportation modes (Ocean, Air, Rail, Truck, Barge, etc.) with outstanding accuracy and reliability. Our product powers nearly everything Flexport does, serving as the underlying utility for many operations and businesses. But because of the siloed and inconsistent data that pervades the freight industry, accomplishing our mission is not simply a matter of finding data and passing it to our clients. We must ingest the data, cleanse and filter it, and find the best way to implement it into our business’s workflows so our users receive only the best.
This is no small feat! We are looking for the right person to build the Visibility Program Management team so they can work in close partnership with Product, Engineering, Analytics, and our business teams to create world-class solutions to these problems. Be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but a true global trade platform.
- Serve as the critical bridge between the business and the technology teams, serving as the voice for both sides and helping all parties move faster
- Be responsible for running the product and leading the execution of the many investments made across tech to improve the business
- Be constantly investigating for ways to improve the product so it helps fulfill its promise to the business
- Partner with the many business teams who depend on the Visibility Service to track their shipments, helping them integrate with and change their processes to take advantage of the work the team has built.
- Identify opportunities where there is potential for Visibility’s automation to replace manual work and drive the necessary changes across the business and the tech teams to accomplish that automation
- Work with operations teams to improve their trust of automation when it is high quality, helping them change processes and eliminate redundant manual tracking. Simultaneously work with tech teams to improve the quality of automation by exposing where and how it fails.
You should have:
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, how to relate the shipping of specific features all the way up to the company’s financial health, and the ability to articulate the reasons why certain software investments are necessary
- Dive Deep: Naturally curious and wants to understand how Flexport’s software functions. Uses the “5 Why” framework or similar paradigms. You get your hands dirty and sweat details to find root causes.
- Relentlessly data-driven and highly data literate - the Visibility team’s product is data and you will be expected to eat, drink, and breathe it. You must care (better yet, enjoy!) understanding the definition of metrics, how they get measured, the nuances in what they fail to capture, and more. BI tools and SQL are your friends, not just a tool of the job.
- Bias for Action: Once you’ve dived deep through data to find key insights, you build a plan and go on the offense to drive improvements. You’re not someone who needs things spelled out for them or is uncomfortable with ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills - you can write clearly, speak intelligently, and guide stakeholders along as you craft a story
- Play the Long Game - You can see around corners and plan 2-3 steps ahead in terms of what needs to get built so the business accomplishes its objectives. You relentlessly defend your roadmap from distractions and can stay the course
- Domain knowledge: You’re familiar with the ins and outs of how Ops does their day to day work, what their incentives are, preferred methods of working, nature of the industry, nuances of the region, and interests of the clients.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote