Senior Executive Assistant to Chief Legal Officer
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Help us scale our legal team!
The opportunity: Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief Legal Officer
We're looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to join the Office of the CLO in direct support of our CLO. This role will be based in our SF office. Flexport continues to experience dramatic growth in all of our teams. You will be responsible for all aspects of the CLO’s needs, from complex tactical administrative duties to company strategic initiatives.
You will work closely with the CLO, and interact regularly with the rest of the C-Suite (including their EAs), and with the CLO’s direct reports, including his Chief of Staff. You will be an integral part of the Global Legal Team.
- Manage complicated internal and external meetings and domestic and global travel schedules, review and process contracts and expenses, and maintain confidentiality of all work material;
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions;
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments;
- Take a lead role in working with the Finance team on matters relating to department budgeting, accounts payable, purchase orders, etc;
- Conserve the team's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting emails, letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; and assisting with presentations;
- Maintain confidentiality and protect operations by having high level of discretion;
- Anticipate the needs of our senior leaders. Plan ahead and be resourceful;
- Act as the primary gatekeeper for internal and external individuals on matters pertaining to leader access;
- Be unafraid to offer suggestions and make improvements to processes;
- Prioritize conflicting needs with limited guidance and keep leadership informed of short and long term responsibilities and commitments;
- Complete expense reports and executive requests;
- Work independently on projects from start to finish;
- Observe workplace dynamics and keep leaders updated on what is occurring in the environment;
- Be a role model and provide leadership and inspiration for aspiring administrative staff;
- Manage team meetings, including Global Department All Hands meetings, and organize team building activities
You should have:
- BA/BS degree and 8+ years of executive (C-level) and start-up support. 3-5 years supporting a Legal function/General Counsel preferred.
- Team player mindset: must have influence, not through your proximity to the executive but through proving your intellect, cultivation of trusted relationships, and displaying appropriate discretion
- You must enjoy the executive assistant role enormously and understand the crucial impact the role has on the executive and the organization
- You have a calm head and a steady hand. You can easily turn a stressful situation to a problem solved
- Discretion in abundance – confidentiality is critical to the role
- You are unafraid to offer opinions, observations, and suggestions for improvement
- Experience with both Google and Microsoft Office productivity suites
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote