Marketing Specialist, Events and Partnerships
Are you an events & relationships guru? We're looking for you! As a Marketing Specialist Events and Partnerships based in Hamburg, you will have the opportunity to fully drive, grow and own our event and partnership marketing activities in Germany with the ambition to increase awareness, and interest for Flexport and to strengthen and expand our position and relationship with key partners and within the logistics community.
The German Marketing team is based in Hamburg and works closely with our German Leadership team and our Marketing teams in Europe and US to further build our German footprint.
- Create and execute inspiring live/ hybrid/ online event concepts and brand experience for a portfolio of owned and 3rd party events
- Research, contact, negotiate and activate most relevant industry and vertical events including contractual agreements with vendors and different cross-functional teams that support the local Marketing strategy
- Plan, organise, and evaluate events including ROI by reviewing attendance and engagement metrics
- Plan and execute pre-and post-event activities to further the awareness and messaging power of the event
- Identify the most important industry alliances and associations, develop and strengthen strong partnerships with them
- Create and execute - inspiring and relationship strengthening - collaboration activities
- Manage relationships with industry bodies and authorities to maximise benefits and ensure relationship longevity
You should have:
- Creativity and enthusiasm to come up with unique event ideas in unexpected forms and shapes
- 2+ years of experience in event planning (live and online)
- Experience in thinking themes across different marketing channels (like Social, Events, and Campaigns) and combining the most appropriate ones to bring a topic to life in the most engaging and interesting way
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and see and use synergies
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills combined with flexibility and convincing power
- Effective communication with all partners, agencies, clients, suppliers, and internal teams
- Experience in B2B SAAS marketing (for the tone of voice and channel purpose)
- Mother tongue level German language skills (spelling and grammar)
- You can set realistic deadlines and meet them
What we offer you:
- Full ownership to drive your projects
- Freedom to create impact and fully own our event marketing efforts
- Opportunity to learn, gain more skills, and grow with us through our education program and within our teams
- Flexport is growing fast and constantly adding new products and services and with that - opportunities to grow
- A culture and team that is truly interested in you as a person, what you are really interested in and what motivates you
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of an $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as is our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whatever role you play, you will share your day with passionate and resourceful teammates.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote