Flexport is seeking to fill a position on the Corporate FP&A team, responsible for all facets of corporate and consolidated financial planning and analysis. The Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team oversees Flexport’s G&A, Technology and Impact functions as well as is a critical partner in headcount and compensation planning. Additionally, the corporate team is responsible for executive reporting, global budgeting/forecasting, and long-range planning. A successful candidate for this team will have a bias towards action, excellent communication skills, and the know-how to balance getting the details right while still moving with velocity.
- Support in providing executives with clear insights into drivers of business growth, risks, and opportunities through monthly financial updates and reporting.
- Work with the global team to consolidate and analyze operating and financial results, including preparing internal and external reporting deliverables and analyzing and explaining trends & drivers
- Support with budgeting and forecasting through the various Flexport planning cycles (annual and long-term planning, forecasts, and short-range outlooks) including coordinating with stakeholders and providing corporate inputs covering the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements.
- Support in performance management, financial reporting, headcount management, reviews of key financial metrics, business reviews, strategic footprint planning, and ad hoc analysis of financial metrics for Flexport’s corporate functions throughout the month.
- Drive the overall finance program management including deliverable management, global standardization, template creation, and regional reporting alignment
- Be an expert at building financial models and manipulating data to better understand the complex relationships in our business and evaluate the economic implications and trade-offs of various business actions. Recommend changes or develop frameworks that optimize for the overall health of the business, rather than any single KPI.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Accounting, Data, and other teams, to drive scalable analyses and insights.
- Identify and drive initiatives to continuously improve, automate and scale forecasting and reporting tools/systems
- Assist with ad-hoc reports and analysis to support strategic planning as needed
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in FP&A in complex business environments or fields like business strategy/analytics, business operations, business partnering, monetization, growth strategy, consulting, investment banking, or other analytically intensive roles at a well-established public company
- Strong problem-solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate clearly and influence leadership teams.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
- Have a broad business view, high degree of curiosity, and ability to view the business and solve problems with an executive mindset
- Ability to coordinate and project manage with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills with proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of ownership of assigned tasks and independent initiative, where appropriate, to achieve exceptional results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Prior experience using SQL and Adaptive Insights is a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital, and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote