Global Head of Treasury and Credit
Flexport is looking to hire a Global Head of Treasury and Credit. The candidate hired for this role will be based in either Atlanta, Chicago, or Dallas. This is a crucial role that will oversee the global Treasury and Credit functions in a high growth, fast-paced, pre-IPO environment.
- Continued build out of a world class Treasury team to help manage the day-to-day activities of a $3.2B revenue generating business along with $1B in cash and liquid assets.
- Own global banking relationships related to cash accounts, investments, debt facilities, and any other financial products used by the company.
- Manage and invest excess cash in accordance with the Company Investment Policy, advising based on market conditions and recommending changes to the Investment Policy, accordingly..
- Spearhead global cash flow forecasts and reporting process, partnering with FP&A.
- Own lender relationships and lead all financing negotiations for credit facility amendments and new debt arrangements.
- Oversee debt obligations including on-going borrowing needs, covenant compliance and reporting obligations.
- Assess the need for, develop,and implement programs to manage foreign currency risk including the identification of FX exposure, risk management instruments, and related reporting and analyses.
- Develop and enhance reporting capabilities to help provide insight into working capital needs.
- Continued build out of a world class Credit team.
- Lead the Credit team and supervise the credit granting function for trade AR in accordance with company policy.
- Support FP Capital credit strategy formulation and review metrics related to FP Capital credit policy compliance.
- Partner with Accounting, Tax, Legal, and FP&A teams teams to execute capitalizations, intercompany loans, intercompany settlements, forecasting and other treasury operations projects.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business or equivalent practical experience.
- An MBA or Masters degree is preferred but not required.
- CFA, CPA, and/or CTP certification strongly preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 12 years total post education experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in finance, treasury and credit.
- Experience building out and leading a team.
- Strong analytical skills - experience in Excel and SQL
- Must possess excellent time management and prioritization skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. Started in 2013, we've raised funding from reputable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Michael Dell’s MSD Partners, Shopify, SoftBank Vision Fund, and Founders Fund.
Don’t have any freight forwarding experience?
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote