(Principal) Senior Technical Program Manager
(Principal) Senior Technical Program Manager
Build the platform that powers global trade!
We're looking for a (Principal)Senior Technical Program Manager to develop technology that is reshaping the entire logistics and supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside other self-starters interested in solving complex real-world problems and making global commerce more efficient. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new Operating System for Global Trade.
- Partner with global engineering, product and business stakeholders to orchestrate the delivery of the company’s most critical initiatives
- Guide and direct the work of other TPMs on the initiatives you manage
- Mentor other TPMs and help to improve the practices of the TPM organization, leveraging your deep expertise in technology execution
- Drive cross-functional planning and development, ensuring that program tasks complete on-time, and managing to resource, scope and quality constraints
- Clarify ambiguities in product requirements and drive development of technical requirements
- Identify and manage cross-team technology dependencies and align teams on roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of initiatives
- Provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders about program status, risks, and changes in plans
- Proactively identify and remove blockers for the product and engineering teams, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand the technical architecture of the solution, analyze data to identify root causes of problems, and partner closely with engineers to resolve technical impediments
- Ensure that software development and continuous integration/continuous delivery guidelines (code Reviews, unit tests, code coverage), and any other compliance requirements, are followed
- Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Determine people, process, and technical solutions to address issues
- Coach/mentor new teams on Scrum processes and establish processes and tools for agile execution
You Should Have
- 5+ years(10+ years for Principal) of technical program management experience, including management of large-scale programs
- Strong understanding of software product development and software architecture concepts
- Strength in agile/Scrum processes, project/program planning, organization, and time management
- A data- and metrics-driven mindset
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities to help teams prioritize and focus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams, as well as for business and executive teams
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience working in supply chains, global logistics, or the measurement and optimization of software systems and development processes.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with the planning functions of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app. We have introduced a few network isolated services using other languages, such as Java and Clojure. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global Trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients and suppliers across more than 200 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote