Product manager - Finance
Product Manager, Finance
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform and we are using modern software with one mission: Making global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
With 18 offices on three continents, we help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving goods between any two places on the planet. Our Technology platform handles over $10B worth of merchandise between 112 countries per year.
In Amsterdam at the Vijzelstraat office, The tech team more than doubled in size in 2021. For 2022 we have even higher goals and are therefore adding a Product Manager Finance to our teams!
We’re looking for an organized, motivated and detail-oriented person to join the Product Management Marketplace team to lead the Unified Subledger worksteam. As part of this team, you’ll contribute to build an open, compliant, and extensible unified subledger and accounting system that will enable effective decision making and creation of key financial statements. The ideal candidate brings strong business acumen and curiosity to a complex domain and strives to make the most intelligent products ever built in the industry. As Product Manager, you’ll need to drive alignment across a complex landscape, and create innovative, new methods of doing business. You’ll be required to dive deep into data and be open to learn from and teach industry veterans. You’ll get the chance to lead product delivery that will impact key Finance and Accounting stakeholders.
Why you’ll want it
- Dive deep into Finance, Accounting, and multiple business users’ needs to define a solid product that will factor in accounting rules to process revenue and cost data.
- Design and deliver detailed ledger requirements, including user stories, acceptance test cases, process workflows for new features and feature enhancements.
- Facilitate finance product delivery and rollouts through coordinating heavily with cross-functional teams within Finance.
- Develop products that balance the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders, are intuitive, and reduce the cognitive load on our Finance and Accounting teams.
- Build a strategic vision and then work backwards from this to define actionable roadmaps.
- Become a domain expert, understanding the market and competitive landscape to solve real problems with technology.
- Work closely with a top-notch engineering team and develop products using agile methodologies.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and leaders across Finance, Accounting, Supply and Operations. Influence their buy-in on the strategic vision and build world class products.
- Guide, develop, and mentor junior PMs across the Marketplace.
- Dive deep into data to drive meaningful business decisions, ruthlessly prioritize roadmaps, and measure impact.
- Participate in project planning and status updates
- Draft and maintain reporting requirements across SEC, Regulatory, and Management reporting for financial products
What excites us
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in defining business and technical requirements.
- 3-5+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably within both startup and complex environments
- Familiarity with core finance products related to revenue and/or cost capture, understanding of basic accounting and financial reconciliation.
- Experience in accounting, reconciliation, or other financial systems and integration of such systems.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies.
- Crystal clear written, spoken, and presentation skills, with a bias toward over-communication and inclusivity
- Ability and desire to drive the software development lifecycle and ability to relentlessly prioritize and focus on key deliverables
- Experience using market insights and customer research to craft long term vision and roadmaps.
- Ability to contribute to a highly complex set of products in a rapidly changing domain
- Business acumen with curiosity to learn and become an expert on a complex product
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote