Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform and we are using modern software with one mission: Making global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
With 20 offices on three continents, we help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving goods between any two places on the planet. Our Technology platform handles over $19B worth of merchandise between 112 countries per year. With the recent 2022 news of our $935 million Series E funding round we will accelerate development of our technology platform for global logistics and continue to expand to new geographies worldwide. Above all, we'll support the logistics industry by making the supply chains more efficient, transparent and inclusive - everything they're still not today.
In Amsterdam at the Vijzelstraat office, The tech team more than doubled in size in 2021. For 2022 we have even higher goals and are therefore looking to strengthen the team with a Senior Site Reliability Engineer. Our SREs are responsible for creating a culture of reliability through the proactive development of services that make our engineering and IT teams do their jobs better.
WHY you'll want it
- Establish and maintain monitoring capabilities that track service availability, capacity, and performance across our production environments.
- Develop SLOs in partnership with product and engineering to influence velocity and service reliability.
- Lead the incident management program and build a blameless post-mortem culture.
- Improve upon change management processes to limit the impact of bad changes, quickly and accurately detect problems, and ensure safe roll-back and recovery.
- Partner with development teams to improve testing and release procedures.
- Advise product teams in system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
WHAT excites us
We are looking for someone with solid interpersonal and communications skills, excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams. We like it when you bring methodical optimism to your job, and use your positive mindset to move through situations. If you are able to combine this with your natural infectious curiosity, the team gets even more excited. On the tech side, we'd like to cover what's below. If you do not tick all the boxes and are genuinely interested in what we do, we encourage you to apply either way!
- 5+ years of SRE/DevOps experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 3+ years of experience with developer tools, including, source code management, CI/CD pipelines, and automation with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc).
- 3+ years of experience with Linux server and container-based infrastructure.
- 3+ years of hand-on experience with AWS. Experience with Azure and GCP a plus.
- 3+ years experience with commercial or open-source infrastructure monitoring solutions.
- preferred: Experience with Kubernetes, relational and non-relational databases, and Windows server infrastructure is a plus.
Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, Node.js, Go, Clojure. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres and Redis. Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest.
WHERE you’ll work:
In Amsterdam at the Vijzelstraat office, The tech team more than doubled in size in 2021. For 2022 we have even higher goals and are therefore adding more teams across different domains. We are looking for you to join us and act as the guardian of the environment and be the point of reference for Engineering and Infrastructure. Come and be part of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries!
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote