Performance Marketing Manager, Search Engine Marketing
Performance Marketing Manager, Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, and the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. We’re seeking a Performance Marketing Manager, SEM to help our Demand Generation Marketing team lead strategic efforts in SEM (PPC & SEO) while also operating as a growth generalist across a variety of demand generation efforts. In this cross-functional role, you’ll learn a lot and will have the chance to try new experiments across channels. Optimization instincts, a learnings-driven approach, and an analytical mindset will be key to driving growth, engagement, and conversion.
- Collaborate with partners in Sales, Marketing, Design, and Product to manage SEM programs end-to-end.
- Direct experience with SEM campaign design and account management including account structure, keyword research, ad copy writing, bid strategies, landing page development, conversion rate optimization, and other core PPC functions.
- Own paid acquisition channels including design, launch, optimization, and budgeting, predominantly through PPC advertising
- Hands-on management of PPC campaigns and SEO programs.
- Manage external partners and agencies to augment marketing team resources to deliver SEM services.
- Proactively track, measure, and identify growth opportunities and manage an experimentation roadmap with robust A/B testing techniques for PPC
- Exceptional analytical and Excel expertise combined with strong written and communication skills
- Passion for digital media and a drive to continue to learn more and keep up-to-date with latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing.
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and services, and competitors to formulate a plan to increase organic and paid search traffic.
- Expert writing skills specific to SEO to update long form content across the site & blog
- A creative mind to build & manage a content calendar to support SEO initiatives. Work with a content marketing team to identify new subject areas for content development and maximize SEO benefit of content updates.
- Manage the technical SEO roadmap. Work directly with the Growth Engineering team and Tech teams to define technical SEO requirements and deliver continuous site improvements.
- Monitor performance metrics and search engine updates to understand SEO ranking trends and proactively adjust strategies to maximize performance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to details, deadlines, budgets and timelines
- Deeply understand users throughout the buyer’s journey and identify opportunities to market throughout the buyer’s journey
- Work with Data to develop and leverage rigorous measurement strategies to assess the impact and opportunities of acquisition campaigns
You should have:
- Minimum 5 years working in search engine marketing or performance marketing programs
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing ad spend across Google Ads and Microsoft Ads platforms.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing SEM programs from design to launch to ongoing optimization
- An in-depth knowledge of the technologies and processes involved in running PPC campaigns (particularly Google Analytics and other web analytics packages). Google Ads Search Certification required; Display and Analytics preferred
- Experience with A/B testing and comfort with regression analysis or other advanced analytics techniques
- Experience building landing pages and running A/B test experiments using platforms such as Optimizely and VWO.
- T-shaped growth marketing skill set: we’re looking for marketing generalists that can pinch-hit in any given domain of marketing, while drawing on the skills and insights from a singular area of deep specialization
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote