Business Contracts Manager
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to fill the gap. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs.
The Business Contracts Manager will support the Sales and Legal teams with commercial contracts. This role will manage the contract intake and flow between the Sales and Legal teams, subject matter experts (SMEs), and internal stakeholders across North America and Europe Enterprise Demand Team. The Business Contracts Manager will support the Enterprise Demand Team with customer contracts. The successful candidate will have a crucial role in ensuring Flexport understands the business opportunity and the risk that might be associated with each contract, all the while ensuring that the relevant SMEs and decision makers (DMs) have been involved.
- Own and manage RFPs and MSAs (legal contracts) by gathering, organizing, and understanding internal feedback from the SMEs and DMs about specific deals or contracts.
- Work cross functionally to complete complex client contracts with various internal stakeholders.
- Support Account Executives (AEs) and other Contract Owners through the Flexport Customer Contract Review Process, confirming all information is collected accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and negotiate with customers to make the best decision for Flexport as a whole.
- Liaise with the SMEs and DMs to ensure they understand their role and responsibility when reviewing contracts.
- Make continued updates to the Customer Contract Review Process including but not limited to keeping the SME Approval Matrix current.
- Arrange for training on an as needed basis to make certain that AEs, SMEs, DMs, and other internal stakeholders understand the Customer Contract Review Process.
- Work with the Business Technology Team to make continued updates to the Contract Intake Portal in Salesforce. Support the Sales and Legal Teams with any Salesforce issues.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success, Investment Banking, Legal, Financial Services, and / or Consulting
- Strong background Account Based Marketing, CRM usage, Salesforce, and Excel (preferred)
- Highly organized with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work autonomously and to multitask and pivot when need be
- Excellent project management skills: You’re detail-oriented and hold yourself to timelines
- Resourcefulness: You’re creative in your approach to solving problems and producing outcomes
- The intellectual horsepower to become a guide on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come
- Ability to craft compelling presentations, and able to relay information in a seamless way
- Proven ability to quickly gain trust with internal and external senior leadership
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote