Director of IT, APAC
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Flexport is looking for an experienced IT leader to help grow our IT team in the Singapore region. Our team works cross functionally and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally.
You will lead our IT team located across the APAC & EMEA regions. You will be responsible for defining support best practices, escalation paths, and capabilities in conjunction with IT leadership across the globe. You will lead the internal IT teams including, end user services, technical operations, to deliver on support and infrastructure projects, defining OKRs, and building a roadmap that will enable Flexport to grow and scale. You will drive the team to exceed end users expectations. You have experience in office build outs, automating onboarding & offboarding tasks, deploying automation, best practices around operations & monitoring . You recognize that being a manager means putting the development of your people first, and you will help to grow, mentor, and enable your team to deliver an amazing experience for our customers.
- Focus on people: Build a high performing IT Support team through mentorship, training, and direct feedback.
- Be metric oriented: Use data to find trends and drive continuous improvement through collaboration with your peers in all areas of IT
- Be the leader: Provide timely resolution to problems and act as final escalation point for the team and customers
- Work with Business & IT leadership to develop a framework for technology deliverables and create a feedback process for both our support teams and our customers.
- Lead the team in the development of the support strategy and roadmaps for each of our core IT offerings within Flexport.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally, and experience working across those relationships to scale an organization.
- Forward-thinking strategist with skills in organizational change and transformation
- Strong background and demonstrated skills leading teams responsible for core IT services
- Lead our Office Expansion projects across the APAC & EMEA.
- Global availability and uptime of tools and infrastructure.
- Project and Team Management
- Helping define technology requirements, lead plan and provide resources to deliver amazing working locations to our Flexport team
- Coach managers and IT engineers through technical and organizational challenges.
You should have:
- 15+ years experience in a hands on Global IT environment
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a leadership role within a global IT organization
- Proven track record of building a global support organization and managing operations at scale
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Metrics driven leadership experience to drive continuous improvement and large scale IT transformation programs.
- Experience negotiating with vendors on enterprise-wide deals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Extensive technical knowledge of various stacks including AWS, SaaS administration, End Point managements incl but not limited to Mac, Win & VDI, Networking, MDM.
- Proven experience in delivering IT customer service excellence, IT infrastructure planning and development, project management and policy development
- Ability to handle the complexity of technology while communicating at executive level with non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to build relationships across all levels and different functions of the organization and effectively manage conflict
- Some regional travel may be required to support distributed staff
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote