Senior Pricing Optimization Associate
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,500+ Flexporters across 23+ global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As a Regional Network Solutions Associate, you will be an integral member of the regional and global team, a problem solver, and a technology and solution advocate. Your mission is to deliver pricing and optimization excellence.
The Network Solutions Team focuses on building and implementing new pricing and planning tools and processes to support our air freight, ocean consolidation (LCL, SeaAir, buyers consolidation, etc.), and trucking consolidations business. We work closely with our technology teams to maintain tool, process, and data consistency across the globe and all service offerings. This includes designing intelligent pricing models for execution in the field. Successful team members can think in algorithms but communicate with anyone. This team works across many groups within Flexport including Engineering & Product, Network Trade Lane Management, Sales, Operations, and Finance.
- Develop scalable solutions for the business.
- Train and manage Flexport system internal users in your region, acting as regional subject matter expert for optimization models and strategies.
- Maintain and troubleshoot optimization models and systems.
- Contribute to the building of new needed features and solutions and scale pricing models and systems to different network products and geographies.
- Contribute and collaborate with the Product team to build better pricing tools in Flexport’s Marketplace and to build out long term quantitative systems.
- Collaborate in regional and cross functional projects with Flexport Data Science/Data Analytics/Product/Tradelane Management/Operations on rollout of network optimization related projects.
- Perform data analysis to enhance performance of optimization models and strategies; Drive track & measurement for key results across different quantitative variables in the business.
- Project manage and implement the delivery of models and tools to all required business units.
You should have:
- BA/BS in quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Economics, Engineering,...) and 3-5 year(s) of related work experience
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and drive exploratory analysis
- Excellent ability in building quantitative financial/pricing models using MS Excel / Google sheets or other tooling
- Strong ability to have active engagement with data science teams, talking in algorithms and quantitative concepts whilst incorporating business concepts
- Demonstrated ability to learn new business supply/demand concepts quickly
- Strong project management skills, managing the following effectively: project timelines, deliverables, team accountability
- Strong stakeholder management
- Organizational, prioritization and planning skills. Attention to detail and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Ability to code in Python and SQL is a plus
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote