We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, and the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. We’re looking for a Marketing Editor with exceptional editorial skills who is passionate about helping craft meaningful and engaging content that puts our clients, prospects, partners and employees at its center.
If you think like a marketer and can shape content like a storyteller, this role is for you. The ideal candidate will have a strong editorial point of view and love coaching/mentoring writers. You should be comfortable working across teams to understand Flexport’s strategic priorities and offerings to find impactful ways to communicate our value props and differentiators across multiple channels.
This role sits within the Content Marketing team alongside writers, campaign strategists, product marketers and designers. You will be responsible for shaping content quality and consistency across all digital and print assets across a variety of formats and channels.
Above all, if you thrive at fast-growth startups, have a high bar for editorial excellence, and love digging in with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts, this role is for you.
- Apply your editing skills and digital proficiency to create best-in-class, measurable marketing content and collateral alongside the Content Marketing team.
- Edit and refine long-form and short-form copy for a diverse portfolio of channels, define copy standards and best practices, and apply data-driven insights to improve marketing content.
- Provide constructive, actionable copy feedback with efficiency and candor.
- Work closely with our writer, copywriter and social media manager, as well as partner with Comms, Demand Gen, and PMM to turn complex insights and industry expertise into accessible, actionable and relatable content for our marketing channels.
- Be a fierce advocate for our readers/audience and you will guide our writers in publishing high-value content that elevates our credibility and thought leadership.
- Translate complex concepts into concise messaging and compelling stories tailored to different audiences.
- Drive those audiences to take action within all aspects of our funnel strategy from brand awareness to purchase and advocacy with the right messaging.
- Drive editorial excellence and uphold standards and best practices to maintain consistent quality, voice, and style.
- Manage editorial priorities and execute on multiple projects/campaigns simultaneously.
- Ensure timely delivery of work under tight deadlines in an ever-changing global market.
- An exceptional editor, with a keen eye for clear, crisp copy. You know when to give your writing personality (and when to hold back).
- You are a creative storyteller that understands the power of words and knows how to tweak copy to further a brand’s point of view, while also driving business growth.
- You are comfortable providing constructive feedback to writers and have experience coaching content contributors.
- You know how to translate customer needs, pain points, and current challenges into engaging, high-quality content.
- Curious. You’re excited to learn about complex problems in a complex industry, and to tune that complexity to the frequency of your audience.
- Strategic. You think across the full spectrum of channels available and use all available data to inform and evolve your approach.
- Highly-organized. You bring a track record of completing multiple projects on time.
- An expert collaborator. You can roll up your sleeves to collaborate with stakeholders, and deliver on message and on brand content.
- Obsessed with the details and quality control. Sticklers welcome.
- A people person. You build relationships that lead to better stories.
You should have:
- A BA/BS or equivalent degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of content marketing experience ideally in B2B (SaaS/Tech/Fintech) or industry/trade publications.
- Exceptional writing, storytelling, and editing skills, as well as strong project and program management skills.
- A digital-first approach to content that eliminates complexity and jargon to help us focus on the key messages our audiences care about.
- A deep understanding of B2B marketing and how content drives buyer journeys.
- A strong understanding of SEO, inbound strategies, social media, and customer lifecycle marketing.
- Deep knowledge of grammar and style guides, and a perspective on when to bend the rules.
- Familiarity with customer-centric messaging, branding, user experience, and content promotion strategies.
- A diverse portfolio of work, including long-form and short-form writing and editing samples.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Don’t worry, you won’t need to become the world’s expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). We’ll look to you to apply your deep understanding of how experiences can help a brand stick and stand out in a complex - and sometimes, chaotic - industry.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
It’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote