Demand Planning Manager, Sales & Operations Planning
We are looking for a Demand Planning Manager to join our global Business Operations team in North America. The team’s mission is to empower Flexport to achieve comprehensive business plans. In this role you will play a key part in setting up and running Flexport’s global S&OP process, improving demand forecasting, and developing tools to facilitate effective supply-demand management across different parts of the business. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally across many groups including Sales, Client Solutions, Procurement, Finance, Data Analytics, and Operations.
- Work with GMs and Sales team leaders, Sales Ops, Data Analytics, and Finance to develop a demand forecast and improve its accuracy
- Utilize statistical forecasting, pipeline data, and other demand signals to develop a demand forecast at multiple levels of aggregation
- Dive deep into forecasting planning models to identify risks and manage and prioritize the roadmap of improvement opportunities
- Research and reconcile forecast variances, refine the forecast model to reflect updated business plan assumptions, and reduce forecast model variance.
- Lead weekly forecast reviews and install feedback loops to coordinate cross-functional collaboration, plan adjustments, and consensus activities
- Establish communication channels for sharing the latest forecast and key updates to facilitate alignment across demand, supply and operations teams
- Partner with the Supply teams on the Supply-Demand volume reconciliation process to arrive at an operating forecast across all Flexport services globally
- Design and produce reports that show a comprehensive view of forecasted volumes versus targets
- Partner with Demand leaders to develop allocation plans for supply of constrained services and/or identify services alternatives
- Measure and report monthly forecast accuracy and forecast bias metrics.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to tools and technology to manage the demand forecasting process
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to advance demand planning and S&OP process capabilities
- Support cross functional teams with scenario analyses, and utilizing the operating forecast for business work streams as needed
You should have:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration,Industrial Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or related field is required.
- 7+ years experience in supply chain, business operations, analytics, or operations roles.
- Experience with operating a robust demand planning process
- A passion to dive deep into complex supply chain problems to really understand root causes and key drivers across different services and geos, and design effective solutions
- Ability to structure complex problems, break large projects into bite sized chunks, and simplify the complex.
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis of large datasets, with the ability to distill, visualize, and communicate insights. SQL fluency preferred
- Strong project management skills, managing timelines and deliverables effectively, and fostering accountability across teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and to present complex concepts succinctly
- Experience with enterprise systems (CRM & ERP), S&OP tools, and process design is a plus
- Ability to influence and build credibility with leaders in Supply, Demand, Sales Ops, Data Analytics, and Finance to drive effective solutions
Detail oriented with a focus on high quality of work
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and a passion for continuous improvement
- Experience in logistics, transportation, retail, or manufacturing industry is preferred
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote