Program Manager, Data Services
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire someone into Program Management as part of our Data Services team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely with the customs organization, data services, the partners team and other teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
- Own end-to-end process architecture, data analysis, workflow-tool-creation, maintenance and KPIs management for a Data Services Line-of-Business, coordinating across BPO, COE and Flexport ops teams (ie Customs, SCOPs, etc).
- Design, audit and continuously improve data services’ SOPs for new process, applying Data Services’ methodology and playbook; Train the Data Services team on these processes
- Define and improve performance metrics (KPIs, SLAs) used to measure Data Services performance consistently across the globe
- Build and iterate (automated) dashboards and reports tracking BPO and internal teams process performance
- Continuously identify gaps and develop solutions focused on process standardization for both operations team and BPO providers
- Be the connection in our matrix reporting structure between the horizontal Trade, Finance and Freight organizations and vertical Data Services Centers of Excellence (COEs) and Business Process Outsourcers (BPO).
- Drive decomposition of complex processes into simpler components, helping reduce cost to serve and improve performance
- Closely partner with Makers to continuously drive automation of insourced scope
You should have:
- Strong data analytics; SQL knowledge preferred
- Passion for process + tooling development
- Proven ability to design workflows and implement them at scale, including SOP creation, workflow tool creation, training and troubleshooting
- Ability to influence without official authority, particularly with senior stakeholders across the organization
- Thorough understanding of the organization, and of differences between our customs & supply chain operations in different regions
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously;
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others;
- Proven ability to thrive in a multicultural environment, and deeply understand differences of doing business in different regions
- Strong influencing skills to impact the work of different departments
- A system and process oriented mindset;
- World class follow through skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it.See something broken? Fix it;
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote