Manager, Business Development, Key Accounts North America
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we're looking for a Manager of Business Development to keep our sales pipeline strong and manage our team of Business Development Associates. This is a high impact and high ownership opportunity for self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and revolutionizing global trade.
This role is for sales or sales development leaders with 2+ years experience leading teams who work with large customers. To be considered, you need a track record of hitting and exceeding goals, excellent coaching and organizational skills, and love to win. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology, has sold complex solutions, and can build a client obsessed team.
- Recruit, hire, train and ramp a team in multiple office locations for Business Development, Key Accounts;
- Coach your team to achieve sales goals and become experts at aligning stakeholders for complex Key Account deals;
- Collaborate across all regions in North America with Account Executives and Sales Managers to drive revenue growth and operational excellence;
- Report accurate, valuable data to demand leadership that helps drive investment decisions and develop best practices
- Own all Key Accounts NN pipeline reports, covering opportunities, RFPs, and projects
- Assist the Head of Key Account Sales by ensuring equitable distribution of account assignments and territory planning
- Grow our knowledge base by teaching your team to build account plans, stakeholder maps, executive summaries, and pre-call preparation documents;
- Generate top of funnel demand through Account Based Marketing and targeted prospecting techniques;
- Work with Key Accounts sales team to create best practices for contracts and RFI/RFP management for our most strategic clients;
- Ensure 100% satisfaction with all customers by establishing high standards for outreach and engagement;
- Encourage innovation on your team, especially related to shortening sales cycles and creating broad and deep relationships in targeted accounts; and
- Coach, develop and promote the next generation of Flexport sales leaders.
You should have:
- 6+ years of Business Development experience
- 4+ years experience leading a team of individual contributors to success;
- Strong background in Account Based Marketing or large customer sales
- BA/BS Degree preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- The intellectual horsepower to become a guide on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come
- Ability to craft compelling presentations, and able to relay information is a seamless way
- Proven ability to quickly gain trust with internal & external senior leadership
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Brownie points for experience with Sales Ops functions including Salesforce Admin, Dashboard Creation, Lead distribution, etc.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote