Global Key Account Executive
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Help Flexport win new business
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As we enter our next phase, we’re looking for driven and intellectually curious Account Executive to help us grow our air and ocean volumes with Global Key Accounts. As one of a select number of Account Executives on the team, you’ll have a greenfield opportunity to help grow our portfolio of customers. You will leverage your knowledge and experience as you partner with several operations teams across the US.
- Proactively consult with clients and develop solutions for their logistics needs
- Communicate the value of Flexport through remote and in person meetings with client executives
- Develop and execute a plan to build pipeline from new and existing customers in your territory
- Engage with stakeholders from other departments at Flexport to develop client-specific solutions
- Coordinate and negotiate annual RFPs
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, and develop strategic account plans
You should have:
- 7-10 years of experience in a customer facing sales/business development role at a leading international freight forwarder
- At least 5 years designing solutions for Global Key Accounts
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales meeting and structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
- A passion for pursuing new and bold ideas within the context of business priorities
- The ability to quickly identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines
- Experience problem-solving within multi-faceted and complex systems
- Experience negotiating with third-party providers of products and services
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy.
- The intellectual horsepower and curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote