General Manager, Greater LA
We’re looking for a pragmatic, growth-minded leader with a proven track record of success in our industry, to lead our Greater Los Angeles region to success. As the GM of Greater LA, you’d have end to end ownership for managing the P&L, shaping the strategy and leading the team. You’d report into our Vice President, North America.
You are tasked with managing and growing a team of world-class sales and client solution leaders centered around growing and retaining quality customers, while upselling existing clients. You will own the GTM strategy for Greater Los Angeles, and ultimately the responsibility of Business Development, Sales, and Client Solutions. This way, you are empowered with the end-to-end client lifecycle and P&L.
What you’ll do:
- Build an outstanding sales and account management team;
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, and coaching;
- Drive to aggressive goals within each product to expand revenue based and accelerate growth;
- Manage against key commercial performance metrics;
- Implement innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent and consultative sales and client success processes;
- Design and execute an effective and aligned overall go-to-market strategy;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done;
- Manage a team who sell and serve our entire Los Angeles product suite;
- Build a centre of Los Angeles expertise in support of Los Angeles Headquartered clients and our global effort to grow Los Angeles volumes.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience scaling client-facing teams including leading large teams and managers in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in technology, supply chain, operations, logistics, or freight forwarding.
- Experience owning and managing a P&L
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong change management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education;
- Bachelor's Degree, and ideally MBA, from a top-tier institution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote