Technology Communications Manager
We are building technology to make global trade easy.
Flexport is looking for a Technology Communications Manager to join the Global Comms team and own our technology communications program, building creative, compelling and impactful stories about our technology development, culture and products.
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant – or operated in such chaos – as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of existing logistics audiences as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Mad Money, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Bloomberg, just to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport technology will change the game. This is a unique opportunity to help the team build and tell stories specific to technology development at one of the world’s fastest-growing logistics technology companies.
You will be part of our Global Comms team, working closely with teammates in Technology, Products, Product Marketing, Employer Branding and Internal Comms.
- Work with Flexport’s Technology and Product teams to seek out and tell stories about our technology, data, product development, and engineering culture. This will be a tight collaboration - consider yourself an embedded member of the Flexport Technology and Product org.
- Build and maintain Flexport’s technology narrative, key talking points and supporting materials for external communications. Your work is critical to our broader narrative of how Flexport is bringing innovation to the century-old supply chain industry.
- Spearhead executive communications for Flexport’s CTO and senior technology leadership, and leverage their voices to advance the Flexport technology narrative.
- Train and empower storytellers within the Technology and Product teams to tell their story in the media, at conferences and in owned channels like Flexport Engineering Medium.
- Roll up your sleeves: we run a tight team and everyone chips in on everyday activities like reporting and updating our press page.
- Work with one of the most supportive and creative teams in the game.
You should have:
- A deeply curious mentality: you’re excited to learn about complex problems in a complex industry and have the persistence to ferret them out.
- 5-7 years of experience with technology storytelling, with a genuine passion for geeking out on all things tech; combination of in-house and agency experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills: you know how to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and competing priorities to create an actionable plan and get the most impactful work done.
- A true team player mentality: you’re always willing to jump in and help out. Flexport is a highly cross-functional company that requires effective collaboration to drive company-wide results.
- Proactivity: you don’t need to be asked twice (and many times you don’t need to be asked at all!). There’s a lot to do and we trust everyone on the team to deliver against their deadlines and priorities.
- Incredible writing and communication skills, and keen attention to detail.
- A love for snacks, humility and a sense of humor.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission tomake global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $15B of merchandise across 116 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote